Innovation Name: SDG Inclusive Manufacturing Practices
Type Of Innovation: SDG Inclusion
Timeline of Innovation: 2017 – 2021
The content of this case study was written by the representatives of International Beverages Private Limited
We are always looking for ways to bring good practices into our business and how we operate as an environmentally responsible company. IBPL has a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility with 24 hours operation. There we currently have few practices and infrastructures which support SDG and can be carried out as environmentally good business practices. These practices are innovative and promote energy efficiency, sustainable water management inside factory premises. These practices also required infrastructural investment. The practices are:
- Rainwater Harvesting Project.
- Installation of Solar street lights.
- Using an Economizer in Boiler.
- Ensuring sustainable water management (targeting the SDG target 6, Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all)
- With the installation of Solar street lights our objective is to make good practice related to SDG target 7 – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- With Installation of Economizer, we are ensuring implementation of SDG target 12 – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
Create an environment friendly manufacturing plant.
Wellbeing of Society– With the investment of 38 lacs BDT infrastructure we have a Rainwater Harvesting facility at our factory premise. This facility ensures treatment and reusing around 20,000 Kilo Liter rainwater instead of groundwater for our day-to-day activities and reducing pressure on groundwater usage.
Wellbeing of Nation– With our Rainwater Harvesting project we are complimenting Bangladesh government’s Water Strategy in Mujib Climate Prosperity Plan from industry level and setting examples as sustainable business practices.
Results and Impact
- We have replenished 20,000 Kilo liter water with Rainwater Harvesting facility
- We saved 32 kilo watt energy with street solar light installation.
- With installation of economizer, the exhaust gas temperature is decreased around 40 degree Celsius before getting exposed to the environment.